- Our Departments
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
ORDINANCE 2017-03 – An Ordinance Providing for the Amendment
of Ordinance No. 86-02 of Brookings County, South Dakota,
for Increasing the Wheel Tax Rate for Vehicles Over 6000 Pounds
The Brookings County Board of County Commissioners will hold a public hearing and second reading on Ordinance 2017-03 on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 9:30 AM in the Brookings City and County Government Center Chambers, Room 310, 520 3rd Street, Brookings, South Dakota. All interested persons are encouraged to attend and comment on Ordinance 2017-03, an ordinance providing for the amendment of Ordinance No. 86-02 of Brookings County, South Dakota, for increasing the wheel tax rate for vehicles over 6000 pounds. The proposed Ordinance 2017-03 will be made available for public inspection during normal business hours at the Brookings County Commission Office, 520 3rd Street, Suite 210, Brookings, South Dakota or at the link below:
The Commission Office is located on the second floor of the Brookings City and County Government Center. The Commission Department coordinates efforts that happen on a countywide basis.
- Buildings and Grounds
- County Commission Administration
- Geographic Information Systems
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Coordinate countywide HR programs including recruitment, hiring, performance management, safety programs, wages, benefits, liability and workers compensation, and employee and management training efforts.
- Coordinate daily county administration on behalf of the Brookings County Commission.
- Coordinate the countywide technology program including GIS, resource allocation, network administration and help desk support.
- Oversee the county buildings and grounds projects, annual budgets, maintenance, and staffing.
- Prepare and coordinate board agendas, packets, schedules, and ongoing projects.
- Prepares budget requests and analysis for review by the County Commission.
- Serve as a liaison between the board and county departments, media, public, and other governmental entities.
- Serve as the county representative for labor relations with the county’s two labor unions including negotiations and grievance resolution.