- Your Government
- Absentee Voting for Primary Election begins April 20th
- Voter Registration Deadline for Primary Election is May 21st
- Primary Election is June 5th
- Absentee Voting for Primary Election begins September 21st
- Voter Registration Deadline for General Election is October 22nd
- General Election is November 6th
The County Finance Office & Elections
The County Finance Office is responsible for coordinating all countywide elections, including primary and general Elections.This office is responsible for the master voter registration list for Brookings County.
Registering & Absentee Ballots
Brookings County residents can register to vote and request absentee ballots for countywide, primary and general elections from the County Finance Office.
Brookings County Vote Centers
Brookings County residents can vote at any one of eleven Vote Centers throughout the County. The voting process is the same as it has been in the past, but voter check-in is faster with the use of E-pollbooks; an electronic form of the voter registration list. For a list of Vote Center locations or for more information, please view this brochure.
To view your sample ballot, you can either stop in to the Brookings City & County Government Center, or visit the Secretary of State website's Voter Information Portal.