Human Services

Services Available to Brookings County Residents

The Human Services Department’s job is to provide support necessary to ensure the survival of indigent clients who are county residents. Services which are available include assistance with rent, utility bills, burial, and hospital bills. Please call to schedule an appointment.

Human Services Responsibilities

  • Provide temporary economic and medical relief
  • Referral service to alternative funding resources

Other Resources

ProgramPhone Number
Helpline Center211
My Neighbor605-691-3225
Salvation Army605-692-8863
Social Services605-688-4330
St. Thomas Moore605-695-4361
United Way605-692-4972
Volunteers of Mercy507-215-0155
Women's Shelter605-692-7233